The main characteristics of Bad Kleinkirchheim
- Skiing and spa bathing at the same time.
- Guaranteed snow-sure ski resort (97% of the ski slopes can be covered by snow machines).
- Excellent natural conditions, lots and lots of sunshine (southern part of the Alps).
- Friendly welcome.
- Modern and various infrastructures.
- Ski slopes from 1100 to 2055 meters.
- 25 modern lifts (4 cable car lifts, 6 chair lifts, 15 T-bar lifts)
- More than 100 km of downhill runs – beautiful, spacious ski slopes and different difficulty levels for all skiers.(77 km of moderate ski slopes, 18 km of easy ski slopes, 8 km difficult ski slopes)
- Snow-sure ski slopes: 830 snow machines ensure an unworried winter experience. 97% of the ski slopes can be snow cannoned, which can produce around 50 cm of snow.
- Around the ski area there are 22 cosy ski huts and inns in the valley stations of the lifts.
- You can find here “Aprés-ski” with dancing, celebration and lots of fun.
- There are 4 ski schools with ideal babysitting and ski nursery.
- Free ski and thermal bus from Bad Kleinkirchheim from 9 am to 6 pm.
- 60 km winter hiking trail in an ideal natural environment.
- Enlightened natural sledge track at the Kaiserburg, additional sledging opportunities in St. Oswald.
- New “Carinthia – Franz Klammer” world downhill run
- 8 km cross-country ski run – which connected to the 45 km long cross-country ski run to Gnesau, Ebene Reichenau, 5 km cross-country ski run at Nockalmon, at an altitude of 1870 meters.
- First class ski rental network – ski rental at all four main valley stations in the ski area with the latest ski equipment, ski service, ski storage and shoe storage. Skis can be exchanged and returned at any rental shop.
Thermal bath SPA
The water is a life-giving substance, pleasant way to maintain our health. There is not an other sport that would do so much for a pretty body shape, meanwhile gentle on the joints like swimming. In additional to the water of Bad Kleinkirchheim has an extraordinary healing power.
- has a beneficial effect on blood circulation
- strengthens the immune system against infectious diseases
- strengthens connective tissues and vessel wall
- reduces rheumatic complaints
- relieves inflammation of nervous origin
- beneficial effect on the heart
- has a positive effect on recovery from surgery and infectious diseases
New dimension of wellness in the Romanian Thermal bath
Since the renovation of the Roman Thermal bath, it is clear that it has become a real wellness oasis. The main characteristics of the bath are an exclusive and first class sauna complex. It has an indoor and outdoor area located in 4000 square metres.
The expanded massage and beauty department makes you stay even more relaxed. For the children there is a spacious inside and outside area to play. There is a new so called rest tower, which includes quiet rooms for those who want to relax.
The spa oasis of Bad Kleinkirchheim offers an individual dimension of wellness for their guests.
The history of the healing thermal water in Bad Kleinkirchheim
- 1055: When Lord Poto was running away from to the valley of Kleinkirchheim, than he got thirsty and this is how he discovered to healing fresh spring.
- 1884: The first brochure offered 12 places for healing.
- 1934: Opening the first Thermal bath in Kleinkirchheim.
- 1935: Kleinkirchheim may use the name Bad (bath) in its name –Kleinkirchheim Bad.
- 1957: Got a new name of the town: Bad Kleinkirchheim.
- 1969: Opening of the covered thermal bath.
- 1977: Bad Kleinkirchheim got the permission from the Charinthian Council to use the name of “thermal bath”.
- 1979 Opening of the Roman thermal bath
- 1991 Renovation of the entire St. Kathrein thermal bath.
- 2006: Renovation of the entire Roman thermal bath.